Stopping your Email from clogging up your Server space
However, if left on accidently, it can lead to your email filling up using up your quota.
If your mail account or hosting quota is reached, no more mail can be received until either the quota is raised or the emails are deleted.
Here is how you can check the server setting for saving mail.
Note: Each software version may have slightly different layout.
- On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
- Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.
- Select your mail account, and then click Change.
- Click More Settings.
- Click on the Advanced tab,
- Look under Delivery, if there is a tick next to Leave a copy of messages on the server, then uncheck the check box.
Once this has been done, the next time you connect to the email server it will remove all of the downloaded emails.
If you wish to have this email save feature and pickup the mail from other machines, you can minimise the space issues by choosing a timeframe to save the mail before deleting.
In this case choose a time frame that in most circumstances (including holiday periods) that each machine would have accessed the mail. eg if you don’t expect to be away for any more than a week, choose 10 days.