Online reviews are one of the many great things on the web that are abused by some to either positively or negatively influence things.
For as many fake negative reviews on the web, I am sure there are just as many fake positive reviews out there. However, the negative ones are the ones that get the attention.
TripAdvisor, Google and many others provide the ability to submit reviews on businesses and products.
While a list of positive reviews are great for business, a few negative ones can really put people off.
When you do get a negative review what should you do? Here are some tips for you.
- Respond quickly – as soon as you find a negative review, get on to it quickly. The longer the response, the more damage it does
- Acknowledge the issue – most people with a legitimate gripe about the product or service they are reviewing are doing it from a place of honesty. It is important that you acknowledge this
- Avoid \”He Said – She Said\” – arguments that happen on feedback sites can only end badly for the business involved.
- Don\’t let it get personal or emotional – stick to the facts, be reasonable
- Move forward – each negative feedback is the opportunity to learn something and do better. If, in your response, you can indicate what you can do to make customers experiences better in the future, it will show your willingness to listen and take feedback on board.
Use negative feedback as an ideal opportunity to get better.
Here is an interesting video about the problem with fake reviews